Tuesday, December 4, 2012

South Fork Fall

South Fork Fall             8"x 10"              oil           
This fisherman is kind of blending into the darks of the bank, but it might help to catch more fish! I wanted the cold water feel, but with some warmth in the dry grass and leafless branches on the bank  as contrast. I wouldn't be in that river myself, but the fly fishers I know are every bit as single minded and dedicated as the artists of my acquaintance.......ha!     
SOLD

Just a note on Monday's post...
"Swept Away" is now off 'hold' and officially for 'sale' and I thank those who inquired and left such nice comments about it. I made color notes and will be painting from my digital image of it for the enlargement if it sells.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I like how he blends in with the surroundings. It helps make the story of this piece! It's a wonderful piece with rich tones and interesting rhythm to lead my eye around. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting, Mary. Love those colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!