Monday, November 19, 2012

View To Rainier

View To Rainier         oil             8" x 6
In the fall I painted some other views to Mt. Rainier, but I keep thinking about the beautiful looming mountain. One of the things is a surprise about being in the park is that the mountain seems so close and ever present. The paths and trails are numerous and the color in late fall can be beat! I have some Claessen's #66 linen that I hadn't used for awhile and I loved using it here for texture and the way it grabs paint off the brush. It was a good match, and a nice departure to have a little more texture to work on. 
On another subject, I have a free Artbyte for you at Daily Paintworks. What's an Artbyte?? It's an Art tutorial and this one is on using transparent and opaque paint to enhance your work. Take a look and let me know what you think. Should I attempt another?? hmmm.......
SOLD
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This painting is perfect with both colors and paint application. I enjoy seeing a bit of texture
    I loved the vineyard too, Mary.
    Looking forward to seeing your artbyte. I am nervous about mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful painting! The colors are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched your art bye, Mary, and it is excellent. I will recommend it to all the members of the guild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this painting, Mary!! and hope to visit Mt.Rainer someday soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll make sure to check out your artbyte...I bet it is great....yes....like this painting....GREAT! The texture is indeed wonderful. big fan! big fan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!