Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Unfinished - Red Scarf

Unfinished - Red Scarf        20" x 16"     oil
Back home now and had a chance to start a painting today. After the portrait workshop of two weeks ago, I've had in mind some photo references of my niece that I have not used. I am always drawn to her familiar family profile, and the thick curls that missed me completely! She looks great in red and is wearing the blouse and black vest from her Basque costume, and a red scarf she looks great in. I hope to post the finish tomorrow.
Pin It

4 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

Wow, this is a really exceptional portrait, Mary. The colors make the piece flow so beautifully, and that red scarf just tells the story of this woman perfectly. Wow again!

hmuxo said...

Love this, Mary!! I love that red scarf!!!

Meredith Adler said...

I love this, too! Is it really not finished? I love it just the way it is!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

What a wonderful portrait. Hope you leave it the way it is.