Monday, November 5, 2012

The Sunshine Bunch - sunflowers when you need a bright spot

The Sunshine Bunch                      oil               8" x 10"
We've been busy with travel and then guests and having fun with friends and family, but that does mean that I haven't been applying myself at the easel. Today though, I painted one of my favorite subjects, sunflowers. My husband has always been a good one for bringing home flowers...... and aren't I lucky! This bunch was a 'just because' bouquet that he brought home a couple weeks ago, and it just lit up the kitchen table! 

Pin It

8 comments:

martinealison said...

C'est un véritable rayon de soleil qui éclaire mon écran que votre bouquet de tournesols... j'imagine qu'il ait été magnifique sur votre table.
Vos nuances jaunes sont éblouissantes. Un très joli panache...
Gros bisous à vous et... au travail maintenant!

Celeste Bergin said...

oh "just because"! I love that....and you did a wonderful job of providing the bright spot---so pretty!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

You are so wonderful at everything you do. Your brush work is marvelous.

Dave Casey said...

Oooo, you need to warn us when posting a painting like this. I need my shades because this is so bright and beautiful. ;)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I love these beautiful sunny flowers and how much lovelier they are knowing your sweetie brought them to you. Thanks for sharing this happy painting with us.

Karen Werner said...

Love the violet with cool yellows. Really nice.

Sherry Schmidt said...

Love it, so vibrant and exciting!

Darlene Twitchell said...

What a beautiful painting!