Monday, October 29, 2012

River Of Light

River Of Light      oil            10" x 8"
While in Mt. Ranier Nat. Park this fall, we crossed a bridge on the drive up toward the mountain. At this time of the morning, much of the river below was in shadow. But, there was that light struck portion, along with the edge of one mountain, that had great light. I probably should not have divided it all up quite so evenly, but felt it successful for it's color, value and other interest in shapes. 

Pin It

10 comments:

martinealison said...

J'aime la perspective de cette dernière peinture... Elle fait cheminer mon regard très loin... Le lieu doit être magique.
La lumière fait un très joli contraste et moi j'aime beaucoup.
J'avais manqué votre autre publication, un très bel hommage à Dame Automne. Bravo !
Gros bisous à vous

Celeste Bergin said...

I do love the hits of red through out...wonderful energy

Julie Ford Oliver said...

The color of the sky is wonderful. Mary.
It helps the feeling of illumination of the back mountainside.
Love the title!

jennyfer black said...

Wonderful painting, and I like how you expressed what so many of us struggle with! The sky is truly spectacular. Its a magical scene.
adelaide seo company

ashok said...

brilliant!

Karen Bruson said...

Fabulous. Just pulls you right in.

SYLVIANE said...

A wonderful landscape!

Pat O'Driscoll said...

I like the feeling of depth you captured and how the river leads you into the burst of color.

Brad Miedema said...

Great painting Mary! I like how the road leads the eye in. I love the National Parks. Haven't been to this one. I will have to put it on my list of places to visit.

☆•.¸.Mildred.¸.•☆ said...

I do find it very beautiful!
Thanks for sharing;o)

***
Have a nice week****