Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wildflower Hillside - Mt. Rainier Nat. Park

Wildflower Hillside                       8"x 8"         oil
This is another landscape from last week's trip to Mt. Rainier. You can see the base of Mt. Rainier in the background, but I've concentrated here on the color of a hillside leading up to it.  I've been having fun with thicker paint in recent work and you'll see I have thick strokes particularly in the lighter values and whites. the red orange is Indian Paintbrush mixed with other small flowers.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I like the composition in this one Mary, nice color in the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll. You've really captured the spirit of this place, Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!