Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Good Luck! - fly fishing catch

Good Luck                                7" x 9"           oil on linen panel
I'm back to fly fishing today as this fisherman releases his catch of the day. It's always interesting to paint water in colors that are not the typical blues and greens. I like these gold tones reflecting part of the foliage above the water and the close up swirly shapes adding movement. So, while keeping the abstract shapes and different color palette it still reads 'water'. 
SOLD

Pin It

8 comments:

Dottie Leatherwood said...

can't decide which I like better...his shirt or the swirley reflections in the water... :)

Linda Popple said...

Love the water, Mary!! Absolutely beautiful!!

hmuxo said...

I love your use of color in the water, Mary. and those reflections are so perfect! LOVE this one.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

The golden water really catches my eye and I have seen it so many times in that color. I also love the pose of the figure, so natural.

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Being a flyfisherman I can relate to this. You handled the rod perfectly,sometimes thats a problem when you have your hands full of fish. Your brushstrokes always seem to enliven a scene. I'm a big fan of yours.

Ricardo Marrero Delgado said...

They are wonderful, impressive real job, I love the bright colors, congratulations greetings from his follower.

ashok said...

fantastically done!

Art Paintings said...

Nice Artwork!! Picking the fish from hand...