Thursday, July 19, 2012

River's Edge - fly fishing & watching

River's Edge      oil on stretched canvas      8" x 10"

I'm quite a distance from the boat in this view, but I thought it still made a nice scene of the moving water and boat action. This is from Montana again on the Big Horn River.
On another note.... it's been a real pleasure co-hosting Artist's Helping Artists with Leslie Saeta this month, and today's show was no exception. Frank Serrano was very generous with his time and interesting stories about his own art and painting background and direction. Thanks Leslie and Frank! If you didn't catch it, you can listen or download HERE
Pin It

7 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

you really crank out the good paintings! I will have a listen to your podcast.

Virginia Floyd said...

Wonderful trees! Beautiful shades of dark and shadow. And I love the soft colors in the water. Really beautiful.

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted. Love your style, Mary!!!

ashok said...

lovely!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Another wonderful painting. I love your work, Mary and the way you do greens makes my heart go pitter patter.

Nora MacPhail said...

Oh, I will definitely listen! I've heard the show once before and it was fascinating. Thanks for adding the link and making it easy!
p.s.
gorgeous painting.

Karen Werner said...

I love this. You certainly captured the movement of the water.