Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hill Horses - backlit horses western landscape

Hill Horses                                oil                        9" x 11"
I have never been a horse owner, but they always turn my head because of the wonderful rounded shapes and light that glints off their backs. This is a kind of unusual composition and I liked it in part, for that reason. I was in boat on the banks of the river, looking up at them. With the light coming through the trees, it created nice light and back-lit shapes.


Pin It

5 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

This is a lovely composition: very interesting. It's a fun piece.

Sandy Sandy said...

NIce, loose and appealing piece, Mary.

Laurie G. Miller said...

This painting really caught my eye...like Diana said, I think it is the composition...very interesting! Thank you for the inspiration!

hmuxo said...

Loose and beautiful, Mary! I love the light!

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

Oh this is lovely Mary...I love the horses and the light is beautiful!!