Sunday, July 15, 2012

Grackle!

Grackle!                     oil                 8" x 8"
My intention today was to paint a nice calm peaceful meadow scene...... But, then something came to mind that I was just more in a 'grackle' mood! This bird is one that some people seem to consider only pests and others admire them for their iridescent feathers and canny doings. I just knew when took this photo on the edge of the sunlit river, that I  loved the stark, 
graphic quality, oh yeah there's that attitude too !


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Excellent work. Especially the waier and reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I love how you have chosen this particular bird as the subject and I love those reflections and the loose brush strokes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Mary!!!! The bird and reflections are absolutely fantastic. Beautiful scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design - love the diagonal and the placement of the dark shape of the bird continuing into the water.
    Another fabulous piece. Don't you get tired of turning out little masterpieces! A bit of humor here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary.
    Absolutely gorgeous. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!