Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wise Guy, colorful rooster oil

Wise Guy                   oil                                7" x 9"
I wanted to start out the week with a loose colorful approach to get my visual head going after a bit of a lull. In this rooster I used some back lighting to single out the form and some loose brushwork as well. With little exception, I used large brushes and also mixed a drop of poppyseed oil into my colors. That helped to give the paint less drag and a faster smooth feel. Very fun.....
Pin It

4 comments:

Dottie Leatherwood said...

love roosters! I like how you worked the bits of blue & green throughout.

hmuxo said...

I love this rooster painting, Mary!! Wonderful colors....

Stevie Denny said...

I love the backlighting -- great job, Mary!

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful!