Saturday, June 9, 2012

untitled- Basque figure

Untitled- Basque figure   14" x 16"      oil   
My schedule has been erratic lately and it's been difficult to find regular painting time. But, last week I started this painting and found some time to finish it today.  While in Boise, recently my niece Alicia, kindly agreed to pose for me in this traditional Basque costume. I have some others in mind for the weeks ahead but tomorrow hope to be more on the 'daily painting' schedule. 
SOLD

Pin It

8 comments:

Maria Hock said...

Simply love this painting. It is beautiful...the colors and the feeling of the whole piece.

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

This is gorgeous Mary...it has such feeling and the colors are so rich..I love your loose style...wish I could do the same!!

martinealison said...

Une très belle et grande peinture ma chère...
Un beau panel de couleurs et j'aime la pose lascive de votre nièce dans ce merveilleux costume qui fait honneur aux basques.
gros bisous

Maija Baynes said...

Amazing. This is absolutely gorgeous.

hmuxo said...

This is SO beautiful, Mary and definitely a favorite! It belongs in a museum!!! Love it!!! I hope to see more of these!!!

Helen H Trachy said...

Great painting Mary! The scarf and the pillows look so soft and vel vety and the light is perfect. Congratulations

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I commented on your DPW page how this is absolutely museum quality.
So rich and neautifully composed.

Karen Bruson said...

Gorgeous!