Friday, June 29, 2012

Bighorn Cottonwoods - Montana landscape

Bighorn Cottonwoods                  oil          7"x 9"
I was out painting yesterday and this is the first of two. But, I have had limited posting opportunities (I am currently posting this from a bathroom- the only available polarized outlet and I'm out of juice)  At any rate, this is one of many groups of Cottonwood trees along the Bighorn river in Montana. The temperatures were more moderate and I found a shady spot, while visiting with random fly fishers as they made their way down to the river. 
SOLD

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece this is. That bright warm green is so inviting and exciting... absolutely beautiful.

    Thanks for going to the trouble to keep us apprised of your work. I have to smile at the visual image of you posting this from a bathroom. Now that's commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary.
    I agree with Diana that it is lovely and beautiful. I love it. All the best Mary.
    Vic.
    P.S. Bathroom!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully painted, Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful light you captured in this. Your greens are beautiful too.
    We have cottonwoods but not as high through lack of water. I love the way their branches jut away from the trunk. Makes them interesting to paint.
    Did you sit when you were in the bathroom or stand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...love seeing what your part of the world looks like

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous greens. Very fresh and immediate.
    Happy Painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!