Friday, June 15, 2012

Basque Dancer - DMB Challenge

Basque Dancer   oil    9" x 7"
This month's Diana Moses Botkin Challenge was 'chiaroscruro' as provided by Mark Adams. I probably didn't get quite enough drama in the darks here, but was happy with the painting. If you follow my posts, you have seen my model Alicia before. I also have a slideshow demo of this piece and will post it sometime this weekend or Monday. Meanwhile please enjoy the other challenge entries below.
SOLD

"Theological Studies"

Oil on hardboard, 5"x7"



"Josh & Jessie"
10x16" Oil on Linen


In the Pit
Oil on panel
7" x 10"
©2012  Mark Adams  






Pin It

10 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Hi Mary. You're right I wouldn't call this chiaroscuro, but your painting is beautiful and captivating nonetheless. Love it!

Mark Adams said...

Who is this Mark Taylor guy? {;-)>

ashok said...

all master pieces

Diana Moses Botkin said...

What a beautiful piece you did, Mary. I love the softness of the mood and your technique.

vickiandrandyrossart said...

Mary, this SO reminds me of Fechin! Great painting :)

carol morgan carmichael said...

"Basque Dancer" really caught my eye. Gorgeous colors, feel and light. Love "theology" and the others as well. Great work!

Karen Werner said...

Beautiful color, composition and you captured the quiet moment. I love it!

Victor Errington said...

Hi Mary.
All absolutely beautiful. Full marks for them all. All the best Mary.
Vic.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

everyone has already said it all and I can only add - what a pleasure it is to see paintings of this caliber. Your art is wonderful, Mary.

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful!!