Monday, April 30, 2012

Flower Market- colorful farmer's market visit

Flower Market                   oil                        9" x 9"   
I don't usually post a photos I work from, but thought it might be an interesting change. Here you can see how I edit a picture and then (hopefully) strengthen the composition when working from a picture source. The tough part in most photos of this sort, is honing down too much information and trying to remember the feeling of the scene. The photo is below and it's from a Jackson, Wy. street market some time ago.


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Nice job of editing and putting your touch into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore cette peinture inspirée de cette magnifique photo... J'aime son interprétation et son atmosphère... les couleurs sont formidables.
    L'ambiance des marchés a quelque chose de magique...
    Gros bisous, je vous souhaite beaucoup de bonheur et de santé en ce jour de 1 mai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you painted this fabulous market with very loose dots creating the sensation of lot of people...without really painting them .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is so beautifully done! Wow! I would love to have something like that hanging in my home, a remembrance of a happy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job on this. Beautifully detailed, Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!