Sunday, March 18, 2012

On The Big Horn

On The Big Horn   oil    8" x 10"  
I was inspired to paint with orange after seeing Kelley Sanford's last post of tall white birds which for me felt very tropical. She used a great coral color with turquoise blue in the composition. Here, my orange leans more toward yellow and I used warm and cool blues in the water for a little contrast. This is on the Big Horn River in Montana, where much of the river is edged with huge Cottonwood trees that I always enjoy painting.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful,Mary. You took the inspiration to a new level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange really works well with the blue water...Beautiful painting, Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy painting up a storm! Magnificent. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!