Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Farmer Brown's Cow - a monochromatic painting challenge

Farmer Brown's Cow     oil        8"x 10"  
A while back, I gave myself a painting challenge to work in a monochromatic color scheme. Then, I painted this Umber cow for that challenge and never posted it......But, as I am not able to paint for the next few days, he can fill in for a bit. This is actually a cow from the Brown's farm, hence the name, but I nearly called it 'Lunch Interrupted'. I always think the cows that give us these long looks are trying to communicate something profound, but they are probably just thinking ...'I wish this person would go away or bring me more lunch...ha!
Pin It

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Une peinture sincèrement réussie ! J'adore l'attitude cette charmante laitière qui déguste son herbe ! Le choix du monochrome est un défi tout à fait abouti que vous devriez développer... Il vous va bien !
Gros bisous et à très bientôt.

c.dingman said...

loved that you captured her in the middle of eating, great.

Jane said...

You really know how to paint anything Mary, this cow is so real, gorgeously painted!

Celeste Bergin said...

I think they are saying...don't eat me! haha....Lovely painting of a charming cow