Thursday, March 15, 2012

DPW Challenge- "Travelers" in Zorn Country

"Travelers"   oil   9"x7"
SOLD
Today is a group post for the Diana Moses Botkin Challenge and our "assignment" was to use the Anders Zorn palette of cad red, yellow ochre, black and white. Because Zorn was Swedish, I chose to use a photo my sister gave me from when she was able to visit Stockholm with her family awhile ago. The other works are below and they are aMAZing! Love 'em all, as I know you will.

"Isabelle"   14" x 11   oil

"Water"     6"x 6"   oil

"Laura and Vincent"   8"x 10"   oil

"Pensive"    10"x 8"    oil
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This was such an interesting challenge and I had fun with it, even though it was a bit frustrating with no blue to use.

    Your use of the Payne's Grey for your black was a good move, I think, as it enabled you to get the bluer background light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented. What a joy is to be surrounded by people sharing the same views and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great challenge & your piece is beautiful. Well done, Mary.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!