Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wading and Waiting

Fly Fisherman- untitled  14" x 10" oil 
Today is one of those busy days where my mind in so occupied with other things, I'm drawing a blank on a title. I will certainly take suggestions for those with the creative spark with words right now! The painting here was about the harmony of blues and greens in this small canyon and the position of the rod and figure drawing me into the composition. I'm out of time for right now, but hope to post again toward the end of the week. 'til then... hope you're having a good week.
Pin It

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

SO beautiful, Mary! Love the wonderful colors you use!!!

Nora MacPhail said...

Your artwork is just gorgeous. Really confident and fresh. Lovely.
Happy Painting,
Nora

Susan Roux said...

Wadding and Waiting...

Dottie Leatherwood said...

love the zig zag lines in the water!

Virginia Floyd said...

What an inviting scene! I love how you simplify the background...just hints of the cliffs and foliage. It's all about the fisherman. And I love your color choices. That turquoise reflection on the water is gorgeous!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh it is spring in your studio! This sparkle of color and light makes me smile today. Lovely work.