Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Winter View - blue reflections of snow and water

Winter View   8" x 10"  oil/canvas
Thanks to those of you who commented and left opinions on whether I should go back into yesterday's fishermen and change it up a bit. As you will see, they are the same, though I am now just toying with the idea of just  a red hat (who can resist a red hat?) still mulling.......We don't have snow here, and it's been a mild winter so far. But, this was done from a picture I'd taken north of here at an earlier time. Even here, it's not the overwhelming mounds we have seen in the past. It's just enough white to break up the landscape and here I mostly concentrated on the reflected blues.
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Stunning, Mary... I've loved catching up on your blog - you are so talented - there seems nothing you can't paint - and illustrate as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see one of your paintings, I am happy!!! Beautiful work, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting. You have really captured the feeling of winter in this landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems there is no snow and mild winter everywhere this year! Your winter scape is really beautiful, love all the beautiful colors .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, such a lovely balance of warmth in a cool landscape. P.S. big fan of red hats! i say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really captured the moment and season here, Mary. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!