Friday, January 13, 2012

untitled greenhouse

untitled greenhouse    oil     16"x20"  
This is a more complete look at where I'm headed on my greenhouse painting. It is hard to show closer areas in a blog post, so my last closer look of only the figure, helps show that. I still need to find time to finish, but at this point, I feel I know what I want to do, to pull it together. I have been invited to be a part of the Diana Moses Botkin Challenge and will be posting the entries, from five fabulous artists on Sunday,the 15th. Then, I'm headed to Scottsdale for workshops with Kathy Anderson and Lori Woodword...lots going on!
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Makes me wish for Spring and flower shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, congratulations on all that you have going on! From the Moses Botkin challenge to the workshops, it all sounds wonderful. Having taken from Carolyn Anderson, I know that you will learn lots...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Love the colors, the composition and the way you captured the persons is fantastic. You can really see how absorbed and interested they are at contemplating the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I like how the eye travels along the different greens and leads us to the people looking over the flowers. Great diffused lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful composition and color. Love the dappled pink shadows on the ground and the great pops of red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. Love your stokes and the colors you use. Makes me just want to start planting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! This is a wonderful composition, with everything leading the eye towards the central figure. I agree with Gwen that the dappled pink shadows are gorgeous! I always love your color sense. Another great detail is the second figure, slightly stooped and peering at something to get a better look. Really well rendered!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vraiment, sincèrement c'est un magnifique travail...
    J'aime la profondeur dans cette peinture... Les couleurs sont fantastiques.
    Bravo, un grand bravo!
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!