Sunday, January 1, 2012

Silver Lining

Silver Lining     8"x 10"   oil on canvas   
Happy New Year to everyone and I hope this year brings health and happiness for you. My painting to start off 2012 is actually the second one I painted of the year. I wanted to try use an acrylic mid-value color under my oil painting, but the first effort just didn't cut it! I knew what was wrong though...I needed more grip in the surface for the 'brush feel' that I like. I used some clear acrylic gesso in the mix for this painting and it was much better. It reminds me that as far as resolutions go, perhaps my best bet is to be persistent and keep searching for the silver lining.
Pin It

13 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

This is really exquisite Mary, happy New Year to you too!

Karla said...

Beautiful Mary!

Susan Roden said...

Majestic Mary!

Brad Miedema said...

I love it Mary! That sky is breathtaking!

Celeste Bergin said...

wow is that gorgeous or what!

Victor Errington said...

Hi Mary.
A brilliant painting. Really lovely to look at. A Happy new year to you and yours Mary.
All the best.
Vic.

karen - Simply Inspired said...

beautiful painting... and a wonderful eye treat to welcome in the new year. happy new year!

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

I love the pink coming through, really lovely!

Karen Bruson said...

Gorgeous! Love those blues.

Nancy Laliberte said...

Very lush, and so real with such depth! Happy New Year to you and your family, Mary.

Kathy Cousart said...

Gorgeous painting! Love the depth and color harmony! Agree with you on trying and persistence! You got it, Happy New Year to you also!!

Irina said...

Happy 2012, Mary!
What a sky, so full of air and movement. So glad to see "sold" (so well deserved!).

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I SO love all the color in this sky, Mary, and the amazing movement you've captured. Inspiring!