Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Red Garnet Geraniums and more workshop

Red Garnet Geranium   oil    9"x 12"
At the workshop, Kathy had a wonderful variety of fresh flowers to choose from and I grabbed this geranium for it's color and I thought i'd be able to complete it in the time we had. For the most part, it is finished, but I will work on a few more edges before calling it done. It was another super day of painting and watching Kathy Anderson's wonderful demo, which you can see below. She has a great relaxed way about her instruction that seemed to work for everyone. I've met several wonderful artists this week, and we're all learning from each other, as well.

Kathy Anderson demonstration of Pansies
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Je suis heureuse de découvrir ce magnifique géranium... Une belle nuance de couleurs dans cette peinture. La composition est parfaite... Je pense que vous avez passé des heures exquises et je vous envie beaucoup...
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your geraniums sing, Mary! Lovely in every way. Thanks for posting about the workshop. So nice for those of us who cannot attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great geraniums Mary, enjoy your time in Scottsdale. It is a fabulous place to take classes. I have always enjoyed my time there. Looks like a great class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Mary, love your wonderful painterly style and I love red geraniums. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky you are to be able to attend Kathy Anderson's workshop.
    Being in France, I cannot.

    I know well her work that I discovered some years ago. I have a great admiration for her style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the way you paint flowers, they are all so colorful and vivid, these Geraniums are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love it...the color and the whole mood of the painting is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Mary! This class seems amazing. The real challenge will be when you return home and try to incorporate what you've learned into your own style... I find that part a head spinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS geraniums, Mary!! this piece is perfectly painted!!! I love it. Looks like a wonderful workshop...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful. The red is so inviting and, as always, I LOVE your brushwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!