Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blue Boat At Tofino

Blue Boat At Tofino     12" x 16"   oil
Today I developed this from a smaller painting "Tofino Docks", 7"x 9". The smaller version is one of my favorites. In both, I like the warm late day light, and the blue and orange color scheme Boats always feel like a combination of abstract shapes that somehow pull together in a composition and water reflections add  fun shapes and color. This will still need some edges to be refined I think. And, there is always just that sitting and looking part, before I can truly decide what 'finished' is sometimes. The smaller version can be purchased through my daily paintings gallery.
View and Purchase Here for small study Pin It

10 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Wow Mary! There is so much to look at in this. It's grogeous!!

Dana Cooper said...

I meant gorgeous!!

hmuxo said...

I'm speechless! Love this painting!

Celeste Bergin said...

ooooooooo first rate! I love everything about it!

Susan Roux said...

Very nice Mary! It's a lovely painting. Love the colors.

Virginia Floyd said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The reflections on the water are stunning. Really love the color choices!

Julie Hill said...

Mary, this painting is my new all time favorite...So powerful yet peaceful. Masterfully done!

Karen Werner said...

Beautiful, Mary. Love your work.

Dottie Leatherwood said...

It is captivating! one of my favorite color schemes too!

Kathy Cousart said...

Love this one. The stronger colors of the boat against the soft grayed docks are wonderful! Looks done to me and done fabulously well!
Just got your newsletter and really enjoyed it. Love the plein air article- good info!