Monday, December 12, 2011

Twilight

Twilight    11" x 5"    oil
I wanted to try another moon/sky work today and grabbed this slice of linen panel that has been looking for a subject. This is once again, partly from a photo source and part from memory. It is about that time of day turning to night where there is the blue cast to the landscape and yet you can still see color. It is difficult to catch and certainly my photos don't seem to. So, here is my idea of it with sagebrush, and a little path, and a bright moon.
Pin It

6 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful mood and can just feel the twilight setting in. Wonderful painting Mary- just love it!

Becky Joy said...

Beautiful. I think your linen canvas got the right subject. Nice one!

suzannepaints said...

I do love that time of day, and I think you have captured it beautifully.

suzanneberry said...

a stunning series of skys. this one is simply amazing! your work really strikes a chord with me, i love it!

Lori Bonanni said...

I love that time of day and hope to get to paint it as beautiful as you have!

c.dingman said...

Wonderful color!