Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sky Work in Progress- first half demo

Unfinished Sky Work   30" x 40"  acrylic/deep edge canvas
Time to work larger and this is the first 5 steps in a sunset landscape. Just click the image to begin the slideshow. By my next post, I hope to have it finished and post the full demo and finished work. I am starting here with a mid-toned canvas . I first drew big basic shapes using vine charcoal and used a thin wash of transparent white to establish the pattern of lights and darks. Once that dried, I began with big brushfulls of paint to place the local color in various areas starting at the top. Stay tuned......
Pin It

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Il est toujours très intéressant de pouvoir admirer l'évolution d'une peinture en cours...
Merci et à très vite...
Gros bisous

Page Railsback said...

Love the slide show.very cool..nice work..real statement

hmuxo said...

Wow..Mary! I love the slide show! very unique..love the sky and I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished!!

Karena said...

Beautiful Mary!! I love seeing the stages of your painting.

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena