Monday, November 14, 2011

Art Blog Critique

This post to let you know that today I've been reviewed by Art Blog Critique , written by Tony Moffitt. I appreciate his comments and insight and to that end have decided to change the look of my blog a bit. I had been thinking about using a light background and will try this for a while.....Thanks Tony. In addition, I've been considering offering prints of some of my selected works through one of the print-on-demand sites. It would allow purchasers to select size, format, framing etc and give a variety of price points. Good idea?.....Terrible idea?...what are your experiences and thoughts on prints? Thanks....tomorrow's post...hollyhocks. Pin It

6 comments:

Fay Terry said...

Hi Mary , haven't read your critique yet but I am looking forward to it.
I think prints would be nice and I hope you do offer them. I do a few but I only have prints available after the original has been sold.

mary maxam said...

Thank you Fay and to others who emailed directly to let me know their thoughts on the critique and prints. It's great to get other ideas on it.

Sandy Byers said...

Hi Mary,
I like the new look! I've been holed up in my studio for a while (yay) so I'm going to go see some of the art I've missed on your site lately. I know I will enjoy it. Cheers, Sandy.

Brad Miedema said...

Congratulations on getting your blog critiqued Mary! You do wonderful work and I love your blog. I would give you a 10.

hmuxo said...

I read your critique..and I'm very impressed!! Your paintings are all so outstanding and I think prints would be a great idea...

Crystal Cook said...

Hi Mary! I LOVED your critique, your work is beautiful. I'm a big fan. :) And I like Fay's ideas about prints and only offering them after the original is sold. I have bought a print from an on demand online service and was very disappointed at the quality. I know they're cheaper and that it has the possibility to reach a larger audience, but the thing is that they LOOK cheaper. I love giclees though. Just my opinion.