Sunday, October 23, 2011

Untitled-Unfinished- a journey

Today was one of those day when I just wanted to put paint down...period! I didn't really have a plan or size in mind, but grabbed a 16 x 20 canvas and the first sketch and photo I had at hand. This is Yellowstone Lake from our visit to the park a couple weeks ago. I used a transparent underwash and layered on some of the top with a palette knife for texture. It's not finished, and I think I will be adding a figure...maybe cropping...and then we'll see....I hope to post a finish tomorrow, or.... well.........stay tuned.
Pin It

3 comments:

suzannepaints said...

very nice, Mary. Love the flyfisher, too. Wonderful exercise as you describe your process from drawing to design to paint.

Brad Miedema said...

I am glad you were in the mood to paint! This is really looking great Mary!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I know the feeling Mary, you have to quell the anxiety that comes from NOT painting.
Seeing this and then the finish above, I like them both as they are!