Friday, October 28, 2011

On The Road Again - Zorn Palette

On the Road Again  8"x 10" oil    
I was reminded the other day about the Zorn Palette by Sharlette White's blog, and she writes about it well. This is a limited palette of only four colors that I have used before, but it had been a very long time. This rider looked like a good opportunity with some subdued fall color in the background. He really had a lot packed onto that bike and it looked like one of several days on the road fur sure. This painting is also on stretched canvas ,painted edges and has a wired back so ready to hang.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Mary, something about the road and the bicyclist's shadows has captured me..lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind! Thanks for the mention. What I really can't wait to do, is go home and start painting using the Zorn pallette myself. I think I get a reprieve tomorrow. But I wouldnt have missed out on this new grandbaby and helping my daughter with him and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of the limited palette! What a lot of color you got and the free spirited feeling of the piece is captivating... makes me want to go on an adventure myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Mary, your work never ceases to amaze me! It is amazing what you have done with a limited palette. It's a wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks-so much all, I enjoyed working this way and actually, in some ways it was easier to think mostly in terms of value! I appreciate your taking the time to comment :) Sharlette, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very, very beautiful painting, Mary : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a nice painting! I love the story that it tells, and the way it invites me into the scene to enjoy the ride. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!