Monday, October 17, 2011

demo- The Lamar River

Demo- The Lamar River  9"x 9" oil on linen panel
Here is the demonstration for yesterday's post. Just click on this first image to begin the slideshow of steps. I haven't put one of these together for awhile, but finally found a program that makes it pretty clear cut. I will be listing the steps I use in my November newsletter. Meanwhile, I'd love to hear from you as to whether they are helpful and interesting. Would you rather see a floral or figure? Let me know your thoughts or questions...thanks.
Pin It

9 comments:

Brad Miedema said...

Very cool Mary! I loved seeing your step by step slideshow. Floral or Figure? I say Figure.

hmuxo said...

WOW! this was awesome, Mary!! and a very unique slideshow....!!! Beautifully painted.

Linda Popple said...

Now that was awesome, Mary! So very impressed with your technology and painting!!

I would like to see a figure ..... either one would be great. I would just like to see more!!

Dana Cooper said...

I loved it Mary, thanks for posting!
And I don't mean to be greedy but I would like to see it all...figure first please!

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Great demo.
Figure or floral? Figure!!!

Virginia Floyd said...

This is so helpful! I loved seeing how you block in your colors. I'm so OCD that I have to cover every inch of the canvas, but I really like how you leave lots of the under toned color showing through.

Anonymous said...

very helpful
.

Kathy Cousart said...

Just got to watch this and loved it. Thanks for sharing your process. I especially enjoyed seeing the rocks along the left side. I enjoyed seeing your stages. Beautiful painting. I would love to see both...

Judith said...

What a great Demo! I love seeing how other artists develop their paintings. Beautifully done. Thanks