Saturday, August 6, 2011

Geranium Sketch/ demo

Geranium Sketch  oil  9x12"       
I've been gone two days to Wenatchee, Wa. for my show at Gallery 4South . It was such a great evening and I met the most welcoming group of folks. Between the music, wonderful hors d'oeuvres, wine and the festive Artwalk atmosphere, it was like a party! This morning I set up and painted with some other area artists, met a few more folks and answered questions about working plein air generally.The pot of geraniums outside the gallery were the subject for this. Tomorrow, back to fly fishing...
Click here to view more works in my daily painting gallery
Pin It

3 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

This is really lovely. The depth in the leaves and in the blooms is amazing. I love those great brushstrokes.

J Joy Nocifora said...

So fresh and lively Mary! The flowers are a gorgeous color! Those pinks and reds are not always easy! Just beautfiful!! :)

Barbara Pask said...

I agree, this is gorgeous. I love the colors and your style makes in so interesting to view.