Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Beach Catch

Beach Catch  9"x9"  oil    
This is John M catching fish on the blue, blue Washington coast. When I began to paint from the photo source, I just had that BLUE in my head to the extent that everything ended up visually flat. Once my brain kicked in and I really looked at what I was doing, I knew I needed some contrast and color excitement. I wiped everything down and began with the FEELING of the light in coral pinks and then used the blues as contrast, with shapes pointing toward, in and around our excellent fisherman.
SOLD
Pin It

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Une autre belle peinture... Un très joli mouvement avec ce lancé de ligne...
Le choix des couleurs est très judicieux...
gros bisous

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Beautiful, Mary. Love the composition and the pink.

Barbara Pask said...

Very nice! Love all the variations of color you used in the surf.

Angela said...

This painting is fantastic! I love the mood you created with the colors. :)