Saturday, July 9, 2011

Season Of Gold

Season Of Gold  10"x8"  oil   
I've been taking the long view in paintings lately, and looking up into some wild skies. But, all the spring rain brought late wildflowers and I am taking a different turn here to focus on the color in the fields. These look a bit like Coreopsis, but the petals are smaller and they don't have the regularity of the perfect store or garden bouquet. They make great sparks of color in the fields even now when they are usually gone.
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I like the striations that suggest the grass in the background. Lots of lovely colors. And I like how you focused on the flowers in the upper right of the canvas. Really nice composition. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's obvious you were having fun playing the abstracts in the field and affected by the range of colors found there. I can't resist wildflowers either. They are right up there among my favorite things to paint! Lovely dance of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the loose colors. beautifully done. The flowers in this make me want to go and search for wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un beau jeu de lumière et de couleurs...
    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!