Friday, June 10, 2011

Portraits from OPA/ painting in the resort shops

Redhead in Violet  12x9   oil

Portrait in Umber  9x8" oil  
Yesterday, there were three models set up for painting in the courtyard area of the Cd'A resort shops as part of OPA week. I finished the first, a lovely redhead in a violet gown and only had about 35 minutes on the second before they closed things  down. It was great to see all the variety of approaches and meet up with more 'new to me' painters. This morning we had a wonderful demonstration by Scott Christensen which he deveolped from one of his smaller works. If my pictures came out...(??)  I will post them in a few days.
Click Here to view or purchase
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these are both wonderful, Mary. Sounds like a great time painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paintings! I like the sketchy look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!