Monday, May 2, 2011

Nodding Iris

Nodding Iris 10"x8" oil/stretched canvas
I hope you are not getting tired of Iris, as I still have at least one more to post! I  just can't seem to get these shapes and lovely violet colors out of my mind's eye. This one has that little nodding attitude that gives some of them a particular personality. They crook their heads to see what else is going on in the rest of the garden perhaps.This painting is one which I'm considering for an auction site in the near future, so am not posting purchase information and this time.
Also, if got my latest newsletter, you will have noticed that fellow DPO artist Pam Holnback was the winner of my painting give away End of Day. Unfortunately, I did not link to her correctly, and she has beautiful work so please visit her blog.
Pin It

5 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

I don't think I could get tired of these Iris paintings. I love the colors, the loose painting style, and the natural way you have portrayed these flowers. They are lovely.

Kim said...

Your irises are exquisite. Keep painting them! : )

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Who would get tired of seeing such beauty? I love the way you abstract the backgrounds and showcase the point of interest. Bravo!

Fay Terry said...

The Iris paintings are so enjoyable to see. Keep going-I love the looseness of them.

Marian Fortunati said...

These iris paintings are just awesome... WOW!!!