Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Iris -work in progress-detail

Detail - oil on panel, unfinished
I've been working on larger paintings for a show in August and thought I would post this detail of a work that is 24"x18". This is done on a gessoed panel that uses a double coat of white gesso, then a last coat of Liquitex clear gesso. I find the clear has a little more grit and grabs paint off the brush a bit better than the white, which is sometimes too slippery for me. If you have used it, I'd be interested to hear what you think.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I believe I can say...no one does irises like you do Mary. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully stunning! Those colors are fabulous. I have not tried the clear gesso but will now! Thanks for sharing that. Loving the iris series:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sensitivity to flowers is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!