Sunday, May 15, 2011

In Her Sights

In Her Sights oil 9x9     
Ok, just take a look at the little brown hen on the left and tell me she's not after him! He is sitting there knowing how gorgeous he is and she has the confidence to go for it :) That's how they struck me anyway and what fun to paint....I wanted the full white feathers to draw us in, but I also wanted to tell that little story going on in the background.
Click Here for auction
Click here to view more in my daily painting gallery
Pin It

6 comments:

Maija Baynes said...

Hi Mary,
I just love your roosters, and you are right! Take one look at him, and you know he is strutting his stuff!

David Larson Evans said...

Fearless

Dana Cooper said...

Great energy and mark making in this Mary..of course she is after him!

mary maxam said...

Yep, he is strutting his stuff Maija, we all know it when we see it! ha!

mary maxam said...

David, I wonder if the little brown hen is fearless, or the rooster?? Either way, it's fun...

Taryn Day said...

Great painting, Mary. Thanks for your welcome to DPO.