Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Entwined

Entwined  14"x11"  oil
This is a painting that will be for my August show as well and by then of course the sunflowers will be out in all their glory. There is a little blue vine that grows up and around the tall stems and fence corners and I thought their intense blue created excellent little points of color against the yellows. Big and small shapes, warm and cool colors-I like contrasting these kinds of visuals and still find challenge in bringing them together in a composition.
Click Here to see more paintings.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary: I really like the abstract pattern in this piece!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one Mary. I really like the abstract qualities in the work that you have been doing. I'll be in Coeur d'Alene for OPA maybe we could meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contrasts of size and color is indeed captivating. What a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!