Saturday, January 1, 2011

Stand Together

Stand Together     oil    9"x9"               $200
I found a title for my red truck post thanks to Catherine Jeffrey's comment :) today. "Retired" seemed appropriate for the truck and "retiring" the last day of 2010. Thanks Catherine. This group of trees in today's post seemed to be standing together against our current bitter cold temperatures, in the late afternoon. I tried for some warmth on a few light struck areas to balance things out.
sold
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love this and the truck, Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Mary! Great job with shadows and light. Good composition, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrr! Looks wind swept and cold! I really like the contrast of the red brush against the dark trees. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, thank you for visiting my blog and for the compliment! You have a wonderful painting style loose and full of color! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, This is really wonderful. Makes me cold just looking at it. Glad for the light warm spots in it! Loved the truck- like the title that you choose for it.
    Your artwork is wonderful and I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!