Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bachelor Buttons II

Bachelor Buttons II  12"x 9"   oil   sold
This is a departure from my recent subjects, and is a second  view of bachelor buttons in a field. I posted the first a couple of weeks ago. Today I chose a random name fom my Followers for my second painting give-a-way . And the winner is Elizabeth Seaver of Virginia. Elizabeth has a fun filled blog of  her colorful and whimsical paintings that you'll all want to visit. I will keep in mind another painting  give-away for the future, and will keep you posted on the date.
Pin It

8 comments:

Kelley Sanford said...

Lovely painting. I'm not quiet sure what draws me to your paintings because I discover something different with each one.

Denise R said...

Just beautiful!

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Beautiful woodland scene. Great loose brush strokes and vivid blues that grab the eye.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is gorgeous, and the blue of the bachelor buttons is a perfect lead into the painting.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

What a fabulous painting, Mary!

I enjoy your work so much, and now I own one. Thank you for your generous spirit and for sharing your talent with others.

I have your lovely Soft Sky displayed on my blog with links to yours.

Karen Bruson said...

Really nice brushwork.

Sandra Galda said...

really nice landscape!

Julie Hill said...

Wow...lovely! the purples are just delightful.