Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Carol Marine workshop & Orange Compliments


Orange Compliments   8"x5"  oil
This is one of the paintings I started at the workshop, but only finished half of it there. Today, I tried to remember what I was going for and finished it off, keeping in mind some principles stressed in class. I tried for dominance in color, (blue) shapes, (round) and values (middle-dark-light).The color scheme is complimentary. She is a well organised teacher with good notes and references, all printed up for you! Carol has a winning personality and is easy to talk to. Her demos (one each day) are thoughtful and precise. I really admire her brushwork and clean, clear, color, and that is, what I take most from the workshop. If you are an experienced painter, not all the information is new. However, her concise approach helps to "cut to the chase" and review the basics in an interesting way. Carol's workshop is well worth it. I'd love to hear from others who've taken her classes to add your thoughts. ....
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job on this, Mary! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, just saw those avocados,so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,
    I was at the workshop with you and I didn't get a chance to meet you. Love your work...especially the fly fishing paintings...lovely!!! The hen painting is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job of finishing your painting. My box with my paintings arrived today and I may try to do the same. Of course, yours is so good! I hope I can remember what the set up looked like. You are definitely an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!