Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Back from Belize- Coconuts, Swaying Palms & a travel painting set up

Coconuts         watercolor on illustration board       8" x 10"  
$100- inquire through email for purchase

Breezy Palm     watercolor on illustration board       8" x 10"
$100- inquire through email for purchase



Well, it is back from Belize here and I have tons to catch up on! So what else is new....that is always the way. I thought I would post the 2 watercolors I did while the weather held. We had  monsoon-like rains for much of the trip. These two were painted from our front deck/balcony area. 

Also, I thought I would show you my travel set up, because it was one of the smallest and most effective ways to take paint I've ever used! I got the palette just before I left (Michaels- about $12) it doesn't have the brand name on it or I would post that. But, it kept the paint fresh and wet day after day. It has a small rubber gasket that prevents leaking and I will most certainly use it again and try it with oils as well. In addition, I took a small box of watercolors and gouache, a tiny spray bottle, Luma opaque white for when I'm not working transparently and of course about 5 or 6 brushes. 

That's it for now...laundry awaits .........





Pin It

7 comments:

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Nice watercolor paintings Mary. What a great compact watercolor kit, no worries about getting wet paintings home.

hmuxo said...

Beautiful work, Mary!

suzanneberry said...

Lovely paintings! Welcome home and sorry about the rain!

Nancy Laliberte said...

Your watercolors are as beautiful as your oil and acrylic paintings, Mary!

Celeste Bergin said...

excellent palm trees...and it is fun to see your supplies!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

It is so GOOD to have you back and the two watercolors are lively with wonderful colors.
Neat seeing the travel paint kit. Thanks for sharing it.

Helen H Trachy said...

Lovely watercolors Mary! I didn't know you had this talent too. Happy return! :)