Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Perfect Compliments - red floral in green pottery

Perfect Compliments        oil           8" x 10"
I have painted from this photo and sketch a couple times and keep coming back to it. The repeated roundy shapes and particular greens are just compelling somehow. I will be posting a slideshow demonstration of this and hope to have it up tomorrow. My last post talked about using a monochromatic painting plan first  and that's how I approached this one. Til then...

Pin It

5 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère Mary,

Toutes les nuances de verts qui s'animent sur votre peinture apportent un contraste irrésistible à ces magnifiques fleurs... qui "tournent" bien !
Un superbe bouquet.
Gros bisous à vous.

Karen Werner said...

So beautiful! I especially love the marks and variations of color in the vase.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It IS perfect, Mary! This cheerful and colorful painting makes me smile.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

The way the light bounces from the table up into the vase is really special. It emphasizes the bright sunlight shining on the flowers. Gorgeous!
Looking forward to seeing the step by step.

Helen H Trachy said...

I love your demo Mary. It's very interesting to see you at work. That green jar or vase is really something.