Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall Harvest - at the farmer's market

       Fall Harverst               oil on linen                               7" x 9"           
Here is a fall still life that I saw in late August. I don't know whether that counts as fall exactly, but the farmer's market in California must have had early harvests. I tried to subdue the lights here and use a softer approach to the cool outdoor light. They were at a table that was under a white canopy, so the light was not too blinding or direct. This is one of those paintings that I visualized just as I took the photo, and the vision of what I was after held right through to the end.
Pin It

10 comments:

Helen Moreda said...

Wonderful volume on the corn and onion. Great farmer's market piece, Mary.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

This is a real stunner. Mary. I love the colors and the corn is fabulous.

hmuxo said...

You did an amazing job with this one, Mary. I love the way you painted the onion...very realistically!!!

suzanneberry said...

i just love everything about this Mary, it is just beautiful!! Wow!!

Susan Swiderski said...

Really nice painting. I love following your blog.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

wow, this is lovely, Mary. Your colors really make this painting so inviting and exciting.

Pat O'Driscoll said...

I like the lighting in this Mary, almost like a surprise. Gorgeous spotlight effect. I agree with everyone else, great corn, pass the butter please.

Celeste Bergin said...

lovely....makes me think of thanksgiving!

Dean H. said...

Excellent painting, Mary! I like how you have the darks wrapped around light section....great composition!

Helen H Trachy said...

Wonderful palette Mary! Such a variety of colors, yet there's a uniformity very pleasing for the eyes.