Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Natural Garden

Nature's Garden      8"x 8"         oil

I am traveling right now, so here is a  re-post of a favorite that I hope you'll enjoy....

This is from one of my favorite snaps and I have painted it both large (3ft.x 4ft.) and small. I always loved the big strong shape of the fir tree and the colorful dots of Queen Anne's Lace and small poppies that grew naturally on this hillside. The ocean is a great backdrop for the whole thing.  It was a surprising scene, because we had just stepped off the ferry from Victoria B.C. back to the U.S. and I'm sure while our minds were on the next time table and  schedule of events, I looked back out toward the water, and there was this welcoming natural garden.

Pin It

6 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

geez louise, this is pretty!

Katherine Thomas said...

I can see why this is a favorite, it's so beautifully composed of contrasts that compliment. The solid bold evergreen against the dainty field flowers. The darkness against the lightness. The slant of the earth flowing up to the sky... it's wonderful!

hmuxo said...

A perfect title for this beautiful painting, Mary!!!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

PERFECTION ACHIEVED!

Victor Errington said...

Beautiful Mary. All the best.
Vic.

Karen Werner said...

Lovely, Mary. We are lacking wildflowers here in So Cal. Great to see some here.