Monday, November 18, 2013

Changing Flies

Changing Flies   oil    7"x16"
(detail- Changing Flies)

I am still traveling, but wanted to re-post one for Julie FordOliver who so kindly let me know she was missing my work! I remember withdrawals from her excellent paintings awhile back, and it's so great as an artist to hear people want more! Hope to be back painting and posting soon....

This one is a different format and this sparkling water and figure fit the bill. My aim was to use the movement of water and light as a guide through the the long composition. For me it enhances the feel of looking down into the picture and the sunny reflections.
Pin It

14 comments:

BoholstWife said...

lovely!

Susan Roux said...

Nice format and lovely colors, Mary. I like this painting very much.

hmuxo said...

I always enjoy your paintings of water..the colors are so beautiful!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Wow...you really captured the reflective, wet quality of the water, Mary, and I love the dynamic format.

Linda Popple said...

Lovely! The water is just beautiful and I like the format.

martinealison said...

Le scintillement sur l'eau est absolument bien réussi. Le choix du format est ingénieux ce qui donne une grande profondeur et une remarquable dimension à votre sujet.
Vos couleurs sont sublimes.
Gros bisous

Helen Moreda said...

That water is just beautiful. The format compliments the movement of the water. You did just what you wanted! Helen

Sunny Avocado said...

Love the color and sparkle!!

Irina said...

Wow. I was looking at your posts I missed these weeks, scrolling in Google reader. They give amazing feeling. Wow. Impressing, powerful everyday creativity.

Karen Werner said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Celeste Bergin said...

I'm glad Julie prompted you to post a painting! This one sparkles like a beautiful jewel!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

This made my heart sparkle too. Thanks Mary.
Hope you are having a great time.

Helen Moreda said...

Paintings like this you can repost as often as you want! Lovely.

Diane Klock said...

I just love this one Mary, especially the sparkle in the water and thanks for your kind comments about my fly fisherman , I so appreciated it. Great soft colors in this one :)