Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Demonstration part II- Ruby Geraniums

Continuing the demo from yesterday, this re-draw in paint, establishes shapes more clearly.

Step 5 - local colors are added in heavier paint.

Step 6 - paint is applied throughout the composition, adjustments are made to values, colors, shapes and edges.

The finish - re-named...
A Casual Arrangement   oil  20"x 20"
Pin It


Marian Fortunati said...

Beautifully done, Mary...
Too bad it's not as easy as you make it look!!

mary maxam said...

That's what my students used to say when i taught and it's always nice to hear ! I know workshops I've taken where i've said exactly the same about the instructor... I'd like to continue with another one of these. I start painting though and then forget to take the photos of steps! Mary